And the Rain Came Down...

It seems like it's always raining here in CR. Once September hits (sometimes October), it probably rains about 60- 75% of the time until May - making it very dreary if you can't handle the rain. Luckily, since I grew up here, I actually like the rain. In fact, I'm willing go out in it without rain coat, umbrella (useless here because of the wind), and sometimes without even a jacket. There's nothing better than sitting on the beach, watching the waves crest and break when a good ol' sou'easter hits (winds from the south east usually around 80 km/h or higher).

Unfortunately, with a 2.5 year old, I can't quite do things like I used to, so I tend not to take her down to the beach in a storm. So instead of nice stormy beach pics, you get to see the rain from my car. I know, I know, it's nowhere near as good, especially since these shots were taken just in a parking lot as I waited for J and C to leave a store this evening. But hey, rainy night pics can be good too!

Rain Tracks


Multi-coloured Drops


Rain Reflections

7 comments:

Laurel Bay Stables said...
4 January 2008 at 20:48

I really love the last one!

Rachel D. said...
4 January 2008 at 21:43

I LOVE the reflections pic! Reminds me of a romantic movie scene where seemingly lost loves find their way back to each other and in a dramatic final scene they are soaking wet and kissing in the rain. Probably went a little far with the eh? heehee pictures are supposed to invoke a feeling though right?! Good work!

Heather (Pretty Kittie) said...
4 January 2008 at 23:01

They make me homesick lol!
I really adore the first one!

Lisa B said...
5 January 2008 at 04:09

These are really neat, parking lot or not. I like!

allison said...
5 January 2008 at 10:29

me likey! i think the last one is my favorite. something about the angle, the color, everything.

Anonymous said...
5 January 2008 at 20:59

i love all 3 of them...they are very tracey and janice, kwim? we have similiar styles i think (hope you aren't insulted! *snort*!) i love the dramatic low key lighting, and interesting angles. very cool. :)

Janice said...
5 January 2008 at 23:39

LOL, Tracey how on earth could that insult me! You know I love your style! I'll take it as a compliment! :)

I should post the first mirror one that I was going to use... it's on a much better angle - but the lighting and colours were much better in this one, even if the angle isn't as interesting. ;)

Search and Win!

My Flickr

Kervin Photography. Get yours at bighugelabs.com

Back to Home Back to Top Slices of Life. Theme ligneous by pure-essence.net. Bloggerized by Chica Blogger.